Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WOW

SO today I decided to check out how my new Nikon D700 really performs iin low light situations. All I can say is WOW!!!! I've been using it at 6400 iso at weddings because alot of the churches that I shoot in are REALLY DARK. But I had never really pushed it all the way up to 25,000 ISO before.

So today I was sitting in the office, and I've been having trouble because I forgot to file taxes for 2 years while I was in college 4 years ago making minimum wage, and I needed something to make me smile.

The preformance of my camera did just that. All that these photos have done to them are auto white balance and the black and white one was converted to B&W.

Nothing else at all. straight out of the camera for you to see is incredible high ISO performance from nikon. Now if they could just answer the Canon punches with some really great wide prime lenses I would probably havea heart attack.

me-d700-25k-iso

and the Black and white version

me-d700-25k-iso-bwAs far as I am concerned, both these images are totally usable in a clutch situation, and this camera will allow me to shoot in situation that I never dreamed possible.

I know I look irritated, and thats because I honestly am. But tomorrow will be better, and I'll get to the SSA office before 4 nad have everything sorted out by the end of the day.

On the plus side, its a beautiful December day, in the mid 40's and as long as the snow doesnt melt on the mountain, I'll be out snowboarding this weekend at 7 Springs. If anyone wants to join me, hit up the cell. The past two weeks were amazing skiing for how early in the year we were able to ski, nad i have a great feeling that the winter is going to be awesome.

Here's a pic from 7Springs on Saturday from my iPhone, "its beginning to look a lot like Christmas"7-springs-white-treesHave a great day. See ya on the slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment