Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

VIOLATED!!!

On December 30, 2008 between 10:30 and 1:30 am, my car was broken into and my entire camera bag, and GPS were stolen.

Thus the reason I havent posted on the blog much, but you can still follow whats going on in my life via TWITTER.

It is a violation that still stings and to be quite honest, angers me just thinking about it.

Someone felt entitled to the things that I have worked long and hard for, so they decided to throw a brick through my window. Now I've already gotten the "it should have been in your trunk" from the police, my parents and friends, but when you are driving home from a birthday party, and decide to make a stop to see a friend who is in town for a short time-- you don't really think about rearranging your car to ensure safety.

So I did what I normally do. I put my gps out of sight (but didnt take down the holder) slid my backpack onto the floor and locked the door. I even parked a little bit farther away because it was in front of an ATM with street lights right there.

Needless to say, when I walked out of the resturaunt I saw glass on the ground and kind of freaked out. I called the cops, filed my police report, and gave them as much information as I could.

So far insurance has been awesome. All my equipment is insured under my policy, but I'm still waiting for the response from the claims adjuster. The cool thing is that my window was replaced the next day; the bad thing is they got hard drives as well as DVD's I had just burned at home while celebrating 21 years with my youngest sister.

Here is the hardest part for me. I know if I had parked 2 block back,my car wouldn't have been broken into. Please pray for me. I ask this because it is really hard not to be angry at everyone who lives in the area where my car was stolen. Two block on the same road and I go from affluent Shadyside, to Ghetto East Liberty. Two block and my car is broken into. Two block back and I could have left it unlocked and nothing probably would have happened.

Anyways, I'm kinda down at the moment. But I have had awesome friends helping me out so I will have awesome equipment to shoot this Saturdays wedding with. Thanks Guys, you all rock.

On a side note, if your equiptment is not insured, through business or your home policy, DO IT NOW. IT WILL SAVE YOU TEARS, TIME, and MONEY!

Happy New Years, and I hope to have a computer soon so I can post images and blog more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment